How to Export Content
This article explains how to export published content from your repository.
The Import/Export tool is available starting on the Medium Plan. More about pricing.
Prismic's Export tool creates a ZIP file of all published documents in your repository. Here are the steps to perform an export:
- In your repository, navigate to Settings > Import/Export > Export your document.
- Click on the Export your documents button. This will create a downloadable snapshot of your documents.
- Click the link to download the archive of your documents.
- The download is a compressed ZIP file. It contains a folder with JSON files for each of your published documents.
If you need an up-to-date Export after you've performed one, click "Done" and click on "Export your document" again. This will generate a fresh snapshot.
An exported JSON filename looks like this:
The hash before the $ character is the filename or document ID.
Limitations of Export
- You can not export releases, drafts, or archived documents.
- You can not use the Export tool to export Custom Types, Images, or files.
- We do not recommend this tool to transfer content between the environments or to clone your repository.
- You can not selectively export documents. All documents are exported.
Was this article helpful?
Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch with us on our Community Forum.