How to Export Content
This article explains how to export published content from your repository.
The Import/Export tool is available starting on the Medium Plan. More about pricing.
Prismic's Export tool creates a ZIP file of all published documents in your repository. Here are the steps to perform an export:
- In your repository, navigate to Settings > Import/Export > Export your document.
- Click on the Export your documents button. This will create a downloadable snapshot of your documents.
- Click the link to download the archive of your documents.
- The download is a compressed ZIP file. It contains a folder with JSON files for each of your published documents.
If you need an up-to-date Export after you've performed one, click "Done" and click on "Export your document" again. This will generate a fresh snapshot.
An exported JSON filename looks like this:
The hash before the $ character is the filename or document ID.
Limitations of Export
- You can not export releases, drafts, or archived documents.
- You can not use the Export tool to export Custom Types, Images, or files.
- We do not recommend this tool to transfer content between the environments or to clone your repository.
- You can not selectively export documents. All documents are exported.
Was this article helpful?
Can't find what you're looking for? Spot an error in the documentation? Get in touch with us on our Community Forum or using the feedback form above.