Edit Rich Text
Learn how to write and edit content in Prismic's rich text editor.
Depending on how you configure your Rich Text fields, you might see many different options. Here we'll describe a few key features that you might encounter.
Configure Rich Text
All options (for formatting, content, and media) can be enabled, disabled, and customized in your content model's Rich Text field configuration.
Text editors in Prismic won't necessarily have any formatting options enabled. They can have formats like headings, italic, bold, lists, and more if they do.
There are two main types of formatting in Prismic:
- Block formatting — like a heading style or a list item — applies to an entire paragraph.
- Text formatting — like bold or italic — only applies to the selected text.
Along with formatting, it's possible to add images and embeds directly to a Rich Text field. To do so, click on the image or embed icon.
If links are enabled in your editor, you can add one by clicking the editor bar's link icon. A menu will open offering three options:
- A Link to the Web lets you enter a URL to another webpage.
- A Link to a Document lets you create a link to another document in Prismic.
- A Link to a Media item lets you link to an item in your Media Library.
Was this article helpful?
Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch with us on our Community Forum.